A common mistake when trying to access FTP is incorrectly using your Plesk login details, causing frustration and delay. Avoid this by making sure you use the FTP access details instead of your Plesk login details.
First you need to login to Plesk, to gain access to generate your own FTP access details.
You set your own FTP access details in Plesk as follows;
- Login to Plesk with the your Plesk access details.
- Click on the “websites and domains” tab
- Click on “web hosting access”
- You will need to create a username if a username for FTP is not already specified.
- Set your FTP password and click “ok”
Now you can log into FTP using these details;
FTP hostname : XXX.XXX.XXX.XX (IP address in your Bytehouse access details)
Username : as set in 4.
Password : as set in 5.
Once logged into FTP, you need to place all web content in the /httpdocs folder as this is the folder the website looks for first.