Password Protect Directories in cPanel
This feature allows you to protect certain directories of your account. If you enable this feature, the system prompts users for a username and password when they attempt to view content in a protected folder.
To password protect a directory, perform the following steps:
1. Login to WHM.
2. Under security, select "Password Protect Directories".
3. Select the directory that you wish to protect. Click a folder’s icon to open it.
4. Select the Password protect this directory checkbox.
5. Enter a display label for the directory in the Name the protected directory text box. This name is only a label for the directory, and you should not confuse it with the directory's actual name.
6. Click Save.
Create a user
1. Enter the desired username in the Username text box.
2. Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
3. Click Add Or Modify The Authorized User.