Steps to setup backup from Plesk (Backup manager)
1. Login to plesk panel.
2. Click on 'Domains' on the left side of the pane.
3. Select the domain
4. Click the 'websites and Domains' tab.
5. Select 'Backup Manager'
6. Click 'Back Up' button
7. Choose from the options in 'Backup' settings.
Backup settings are:
i. Add prefix to backup name: Give a name to backup (eg: backup_7jun14)
ii. Comments: if needed
iii. Create multivolume backup: helps to limit the file size of the backup files
iv. Store backup in: choose Server repository (default)
v. When backup task is completed, send notification e-mail to: when backup is created a notification will be sent to email address specified( optional)
8. Choose 'Backup Content'.
i. domain configuration: only domain configuration is backed up
ii. Domain configuration and content:
a. 'All configuration and content' will take full backup of the domain.
b. There is also options to include or exclude backup of mail configuration and content.
9. Option 'Suspend domain until backup task is completed" will allow you to suspend the domain when the backup is taken. The domain will be temporarily down till the backup process is completed.
10. Once the desired options are selected click the 'Back Up' button. The backup process will begin.
The time taken to complete the backup will vary depending on the size and the configuration selected. To check the status of the backup process click the 'Refresh' button.