DKIM helps verify the sender and integrity of a message. It allows an email system to prove that a message was not altered during transit (meaning it is not forged), and that the message came from the specified domain. DomainKey is similar to DKIM. Plesk provides Domainkey instead of DKIM.
Enabling DomainKey for a domain includes two steps:
1. Enabling DomainKey from Plesk control panel.
2. Adding DNS record for DomainKey for the domain.
Please note that these settings for DomainKey would work only if customer is using our local mail server. If he is using external mail server, TXT records for DomainKey need to be created as remote email administrator suggest.
Steps to enable DomainKey :
First ensure that the DomainKey option is enabled server wide with the following steps :
1. Login to Plesk panel.
2. Click on 'Tools and Settings' >> Select 'Mail server Settings' under Mail.
3. Enable option 'Allow signing outgoing mail' under 'DomainKeys spam protection'.
4. Click OK.
If this option is enabled, then enable DomainKey for the concerned domain next with the following steps :
1. Login to Plesk control panel.
2. Click on Domains >> Select the required domain.
3. Click on 'Mail' tab >> Click on 'Change Settings'.
4. Tick the checkbox beside the option 'Use DomainKeys spam protection system to sign outgoing e-mail messages'.
5. Click OK.
After this, TXT record for DomainKey needs to be added for the domain.
ADD TXT record :
1. Domain uses Bytehouse nameservers :
If domain uses Bytehouse nameservers, this will be automatically added.
You may however cross-check if the DNS record has been added correctly by querying the Nameserver that hosts your DNS zone :
a. Open a terminal of your choice in your machine.
b. Execute the following command :
dig _domainkey.domain TXT @nameserver_name
2. Domain uses external nameservers :
If domain is using external DNS server, external nameserver support needs to be contacted to create the following DNS record in external nameserver.
Record Type: TXT
The 'Record' value can be obtained from Plesk with the steps mentioned below :
1. Login to your Control Center.
2. Select the subscription from top right drop down menu.
3. Click on Website and Domains >> DNS Settings
You will see the TXT record here. Once you obtain the record, add this in remote nameserver.