If you are looking to add an IP address in a Windows server here are the steps you should take:
1. Login to the server
2. Go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center
3. Select "Local Area Connection" in 'Network and Sharing Center'. 'Local Area Connection Status' box will open-up.
4. Click 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' then click on 'Properties' button
5. 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties' dialog box will appear. This shows your primary IP address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway.
6. To add new IP address, select 'Advanced' button, then 'Advanced TCP/IP Settings' screen will appear.
7. Click on 'Add' in the 'IP addresses' section.
8. Enter the new IP address and Subnet mask as shown 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties' dialog box and click the 'Add' button.
9. After adding click 'OK' button to close the Advanced TCP/IP Settings dialog box.
10. Click the OK button to close the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties dialog box
11. Click the Close button to close out of the Local Area Connection Properties dialog box
For more information, contact our representatives at www.bytehouse.co.uk/contact. We are here and ready to assist.